A sustainable and healthy dish that finds balance in the oily Mackerel and acity of the marinade. The crisp escabeche is a great partner bringing texture and color to this quick snack or small plate offering.
- Fold mackerel in a mix of flour, salt and pepper.
- Fry with oil until golden for approx. 2 minutes on each side.
- Slice carrot, red onion and garlic and chop thyme.
- Sauté vegetables and thyme in oil.
- Add white wine vinegar and water, bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Let it simmer a few minutes and pour over the mackerel.
Serve the mackerel escabeche with potato and salad.